The Regina Civic Employees' Long Term Disability (LTD) Plan provides eligible members with protection against the potential loss of income in the event they become ill or accidentally injured. The Plan has been designed to compliment the members' sick leave plan and to integrate with government disability programs.
Some of the benefits of belonging to the Plan include:
- monthly disability payments equal to 75% of your pre-disability salary;
- coverage for recurrent disabilities;
- early access to diagnostics and surgeries;
- access to therapy programs, conditioning, and rehabilitation programs; and
- access to return to work programs such as cross jurisdictional placement,
split shifts, and work from home programs.
The Plan represents employees from the following Six employers:
- the City of Regina;
- the Regina Qu'Appelle Regional Health Authority;
- the Board of Education of Regina (Division No. 4 of Regina - non-teaching
- the Regina Public Library Board;
- the Buffalo Pound Water Administration Board; and
- Möbius Benefit Administrators Inc.
Assets of the Plan are actively managed in accordance with the Statement of Investment Policies and Procedures.
Asset Class Allocation at December 31, 2015:
The Plan is governed by a Board of Trustees made up of 12 voting members; two employer representatives appointed by the City Manager, four employer representatives appointed by City of Regina City Council, and six employee representatives elected annually by the membership.
The current Board members are:
*Non-voting Employee Alternate
The Plan is reviewed by a qualified actuary at least every three years and is subject to the requirements of The Income Tax Act.